Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recumbent Bike Blog

Okay, so the term "recumbent bicycle" isn't technically correct since many recumbents have three and even four wheels and bicycle means "two wheels." But I know you're not that picky and neither am I, so I'll continue to generically refer to all recumbents as recumbent bicycles.

There, now that I've got that off my chest...

I just rediscovered a great website/blog. It's www.recumbentblog.com and it is one of the most comprehensive recumbent sites on the web. I especially like the fact that it seems pretty unbiased and straight-forward. As far as I could tell, it's not trying to sell anything or push any particular agenda. It's just a great clearinghouse for information about the recumbent world.

And I'd love to see more of that. I've been a huge fan of recumbents ever since my daughter & I rented a tandem recumbent while riding the Withlacoochee State Trail in Florida. We both had a blast.

Since then, I've ridden recumbents on the Silver Comet Trail in Georgia, the Chief Ladiga Trail in Alabama, and the Longleaf Trace Trail in Mississippi. In every case, they were the most comfortable and relaxing rides I've ever experienced.

If you haven't tried the joys of recumbent biking (there I go again), I highly recommend it. They aren't just for old coots.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: