Saturday, June 5, 2010

How to Improve Michelle Obama's Fight Against Childhood Obesity

I love Michelle Obama's goals for fighting childhood obesity. I think it is a great campaign and a wonderful choice of causes for our First Lady.

I am especially happy that "Increasing Physical Activity" is one of her major goals in the battle against childhood obesity. But those of you who follow my blog, Twitter posts, and trails website know what I'm going to suggest.

Within First Lady Obama's "Increasing Physical Activity" section, I hope she adds a goal for increasing access to American Trails. I especially appreciate the goal of Rails to Trails Conservancy: "to have 90 percent of Americans live within three miles of a trail..."


I encourage Ms. Obama to add this goal to her plan. And I encourage you to encourage her. In fact, I would like to suggest that Michelle Obama and the Obama administration partner w/ the Rails to Trails Conservancy in the hopes of increasing and improving our trail network in America.


photo courtesy: Shane Rich photography
You've heard me say it before. Trails improve:

  • our health
  • our families
  • the environment
  • the air
  • the economy
  • our world

Share/Bookmark

No comments: