Sunday, February 13, 2011

American Trails is advocating for trails and trail users

Two of the biggest advocates for United States trails are Rails-to-Trails Conservancy and American Trails.

American Trails
I am a big supporter of both. However in this blog post, I'd like to focus on American Trails. I especially enjoy their level-headed trail advocacy. In addition to their contributions in the physical development of the U.S. trail system, they are also quite helpful and vocal when it comes to supporting legislation and community trail planning and implementation.

I have included links to the American Trails: Supporting Trails web page because it gives a good overview of the types of support that we have grown to expect from American Trails over the years. They are involved in alternative transportation funding, the history of bicycle/pedestrian issues, the federal surface transportation program, SAFETEA-LU, and many other important issues.

I hope you take the opportunity to view the American Trails website. If you are as impressed as I was, it would be awesome if you'd consider joining American Trails. If you do, you will receive a monthly newsletter and the satisfaction of knowing that you support an extremely worthwhile organization. I haven't regretted my membership; on the contrary, I'm quite proud of being an American Trails member.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: