|bike rider on the|
C & O Canal Towpath trail in Maryland
- It's over 180 miles long.
- It has more historical significance than your average trail.
- It starts in a big town, ends in our nation's capital, and has some surprisingly remote countryside in between.
- The C & O trail probably has more campgrounds than any other trail in the world.
- C & O Canal trail users can connect with numerous other major trails including the Appalachian Trail, the Billy Goat Trail, the Western Maryland Rail Trail, and the Great Allegheny Passage trail.