Friday, August 27, 2010

Denver Bike Sharing is a great idea

I did another one of my Denver bike rides yesterday. It was a bit different than my other rides. As usual, I rode the RTD bus into Denver, but instead of riding my bike back to Boulder County, I headed south on my bicycle.

To make a long story short, I rode what I call the Southwest Denver Loop Trail which is a combination of the Platte River Trail, the C-470 Trail, and the Bear Creek Trail. When you combine them, you get the Southwest Denver Loop Trail.

But I'll talk more about that in a later trail blog. My subject for today's blog is the Denver Bike Sharing program. It is also called Denver B-cycle. I won't say much about it in the trailsnet blog because their bikesharing.org website has all the information.

However, I intend to ride the RTD bus into Denver again sometime soon, but this time without my bike. Once there, I plan to try out one of the loaner bikes available at the kiosk found at the RTD Market Street Station.

If you haven't tried it yet, join me in giving it a shot. If you have tried it, I'd love to hear about your experience. Share it here on the trailsnet blog.

Thanks to Kaiser Permanente for sponsoring the Denver B-Cycle program. It's a healthy, environmentally-friendly program.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: