Monday, August 16, 2010

Best Bike Trails in the Washington D.C. area

I plan a lot of bike trips, so I spend a great deal of time researching. Some of that time is spent browsing websites.
Unfortunately, I'm easily overwhelmed. So I often prefer sites that give precise, concise, and abbreviated summaries of trails. This is especially true when I first start to research a bike trail.

So I was pleased to find a web page with information about the best bicycling trails in Washington D.C.

It includes information about:

By the time my September D.C. trip is concluded, I will have explored at least three of the five trails listed above. So far, I can only vouch for the Mount Vernon Trail, and it's a doozy. I look forward to riding it for a second time.

If you're planning a trip to Washington in the  near future, I recommend you try these five trails. A good bike ride in the middle of your excursion is the perfect escape. After a couple days of touring among the crowds, a bike trip is just what the Dr. ordered.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: