Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Preparing for New Orleans trip

I can already taste the chicory coffee and beignets at cafe dumonde in New Orleans.

Normally I plan my trips totally around the bike trails. But my upcoming trip to the Tammany Trace Bike Trail in Louisiana and the Longleaf Trace Rail Trail in Mississippi is planned mostly around the trails and partially around the food in New Orleans ... specifically the breakfast @ Cafe DuMonde.

I made sure my New Orleans hotel was close to Cafe DuMonde. It didn't hurt that I also got a good deal on the weeknight stay. (Not such a good deal after paying for parking.)

Stay tuned for more information about the trail rides and, of course, the coffee and beignets.

Here's what I have so far on the Tammany Trace Bike Trail in Louisiana. I'll add pictures & descriptions after I go on the ride in late April.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: